Making Over Third Grade!: January Currently Link Up
 photo Untitled_zpse7ecd2cc.png -->

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

January Currently Link Up

Here is the last link up of 2014 and the promise of better things to come in 2015! Happy New Year! I hope you all have a great holiday and a wonderful year to come.

Here is the January Currently link up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade:





I'm currently listening to an episode of The Twilight Zone trying to convince Bailey to eat so that I can give him his medicine. He gets on these kicks where he doesn't want to eat unless he gets treats or is babied even more. It can be frustrating but he is spoiled so treats will soon be added to bribe him get him to eat.

I have been thinking about my mom a lot and about the holidays we had growing up. As well as about the holidays we had after we were all adults and on our own. She was the glue that held our family together and it is hard to not have her here. This is the second holiday season without her and the void is still very wide, as I suspect it always will be, and her loss is sorely felt.

I want to read the book I bought yesterday at Target (thank you Gayle for the gift card which I bought the book with). I want to be with Robert but I also want to read and he wants to be in a room with very little light so no reading for me tonight. What's the book? Oh, yeah, it would be nice to share that wouldn't it? It's...well,...I would love to tell you but I can't recall at the moment...it has a light blue cover though and sounded REALLY good yesterday.

Each day this week I have told Robert that I need to clean out two closets and our spare room and...well, each day I have found something else to do (even if it is just hanging out watching TV and reading blogs on bloglovin'). The Christmas decorations need to come down - they usually stay up until January 1st or 2nd. This year it went up so late that I would love to keep it up longer but know that if it doesn't come down this week then it won't come down until MLK jr. Day. We just can't have that so I will really need to take it down tomorrow. 

Every year I say this is the year for positive changes - you know the ones - eat better, drink more water, and lose weight. Each year I try hard and start off strong (well stronger than my usual behavior) and then it dies off. This year I really need to stick with the changes. I have gained A LOT of weight over the last 5 years due to depression and I need to make changes. This year I plan to work hard to make it stick. 

Maybe this year I will put myself out there more and present PD if the opportunity arises. Since June I have had the opportunity to present pieces of PD and a PD for Front Row (it's a math app/website). I would like to do more presentations if given the chance - I just have to get over my fear discomfort of speaking to a room full of adults. 

I wish I could say no more often - it is something else I always say I will work on and then I fail miserably. It is due in part to my need to be involved and partly due to the fact I don't like to let others down.

Well that's my list for the coming year. I may check in and do updates throughout the year as a means of monitoring how well I am doing to accomplish the goals listed here.

What are you hoping to work on improving this year?
 photo hw8_boy6_zpse8a2e789.png
 photo hw8_divider3_zps676e7fb5.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment