Making Over Third Grade!: The Story Behind the Logo
 photo Untitled_zpse7ecd2cc.png -->

Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Story Behind the Logo


I'm linking up with Jenny K. over at Art with Jenny K. to share the story behind the logo.
makingoverthirdgrade.blogspot.com

I thought it would be fun to link up with Jenny K. to explain how my logo came to fruition. I had been tried blogging years ago and hadn't been successful at keeping up with it and this time I promised I would learn how to make it me so that I would stick with it.

makingoverthirdgrade.blogspot.comWhen I first started blogging in June of 2014 I used a Google Blogger theme but wasn't really happy with anything about it other than the color so I decided that I needed to learn how to make it more me. One day I was reading a number of blogs on Bloglovin' and I found I Teach What's Your Superpower? and Megan's Blog Baby Blog tutorials. I played around with some things and learned how to change the background and I used Google Draw to make a blog header and a button. I was pretty happy with it but wasn't thrilled so I kept visiting Megan's tutorials, found others, and actively Googled several specifics that I saw on many other blogs that I loved and wanted for my blog as well. Upon revisiting Megan's tutorials I learned about Pixler (how could I have missed that the first several times I watched them?!). With Pixler you can create images and designs using the images and fonts on your own computer! That meant that I could use any and all of the fonts on that I had from DJ Inkers, Hello Literacy, and KG Fonts. I was beyond ecstatic! I must have made three or four different headers with the same basic concepts I had from the first one (I really like it) before deciding the one I have now was "it". (Of course, the more I learn the more I want to play around with it.) I also ended up using Hello Mummy and KG Fonts You Found Me as the fonts for my header and TpT store logo though my button still has the Google fonts I had originally used. 

The clip art for the design comes from a variety of places as well. I have Graphics by Sarah Beth and ThistleGirl Designs. I love Ashley's Hollywood Kids set and purple is my favorite color. I have loved this starlet since I first laid eyes on her years ago and use her in many things. (I even use this graphic as part of my signature block for my blog.) I wanted the cameraman as well because all eyes are focusing on third grade with this blog. 

makingoverthirdgrade.blogspot.comSo how did the name come about? Well that is a fairly simple story. In the spring of 2014 my class became a 1:1 iPad class. Having 1:1 devices in my
classroom transformed my teaching and has made me rethink how I do EVERYTHING. Therefore, I am "Making Over Third Grade." Additionally, I am always looking to improve myself - learn more, try new things, and having a 21st century classroom has pushed me even more to make over the way I approach and do things. 

So that is the story behind the logo. I hope that you join up and share how your logo came about too! 

Don't forget to link up with Jenny K.!
 photo hw8_boy6_zpse8a2e789.png

 photo hw8_divider3_zps676e7fb5.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment