Making Over Third Grade!: Where to Draw the Line
 photo Untitled_zpse7ecd2cc.png -->

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Where to Draw the Line


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having technology in my classroom and in the hands of my students but I feel like I never stop working. Do you have that problem? I mean, I used to work all the time anyway (no kids so I have time on my hands) but now the kids can constantly email me. I am finding that even though they are 8 and 9-years old they are not going to bed until 10:30 or 11:00 pm so it is not unusual to get emails from some students that late at night.

I feel bad if I ignore their emails (guilt complex) but I do not want to be available 24/7. Do you have that problem? Where exactly to draw the line?

I tried filtering student emails to a specific folder but then I missed emails they sent early with questions about their homework, or some other concern. In the end I deleted the filter. I need to find balance without feeling guilty.

If you are 1:1, or if your kids have technology available to them at home, how do you draw the line regarding your availability? How do you manage the guilt at not responding?

 photo hw8_boy6_zpse8a2e789.png
 photo hw8_divider3_zps676e7fb5.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment