Making Over Third Grade!: Finding Balance
 photo Untitled_zpse7ecd2cc.png -->

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Finding Balance


I am sitting here, exhausted, thinking about my pillow and a good book but know I HAVE to look at the kids' blogs to post them before school starts tomorrow. Rather than spending this time taking care of the blog posts as stated I am contemplating how to reestablish a balance in my life. I think this is a universal issue with teaching. When to say 'enough' and call it a day. I think this is particularly hard in classes with 1:1 devices. The ease of access students and parents have to you and vice versa means that there is less of an ending to the work day. At least for me.

In any case, finding a balance between work and home has always been a struggle for me and I have been teaching for 12 years! Yes, I guess I am a workaholic. Yes, I know the world won't end if they have to wait an extra day or two to read each others blogs, get the test scores, have their work graded, and yet...

Yet I still can't seem to "shut off" my day at the end of the work day. It's now February and this is my mid-year reminder to myself, and to you, my fellow teachers (and likely workaholics too): take it easy, take care of you, and remember in the words of Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day!", so why not leave the grading until then? I am starting right now. I hope you do too.
 photo hw8_boy6_zpse8a2e789.png
 photo hw8_divider3_zps676e7fb5.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment