Making Over Third Grade!: Stressing Over the Mess
 photo Untitled_zpse7ecd2cc.png -->

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Stressing Over the Mess

So the moving has begun. The new job is a reality. It is really happening. Maria is moving into my ELA adoption and three other folders, everything else is going to go. I am pretty proud of that.
classroom. We went into the room on Friday and it was...interesting. At first I was very panicked though I tried hard not to show it. I went through my filing cabinet and took out the things I have to keep as part of our

Next we moved the library back to how it was and then had to discuss how we were going to make it work with two more bookcases (which have to be painted to match the other three or it will drive me crazy). In the end we left it with me less than happy but I needed to walk away from it for a bit.

We began the hard work of rearranging things in order to accommodate her things. It is like a new marriage. Trying to find her space and mine and how to make mutual spaces work for both of us. I can't wait to share photos of the new drawers we bought at The Container Store to move the math manipulatives into. I wish I had done that years ago! It freed up so much space!

I am very lucky in that Maria is very laid back and has been very good about allowing me to slowly accept change. Still the idea of getting rid of some of my coordinated polka dot bulletin boards has made me sad - even though I know the new boards will be cute too. And yes, I am all about the cute and functional.

Anyway, I know change is good and that this new position will be a wonderful new adventure so onward we will go!

Have you made any big changes for the upcoming school year? How are you handling them? Please let me know in the comments below.


 photo signature block4_zps0u7ujob4.png

No comments:

Post a Comment